By Dan Wellman
Ten useful initiatives that workout your ability, construct your self belief, and assist you grasp jQuery
• See what percentage of jQuery's equipment and houses are utilized in actual occasions. Covers jQuery 1.9.
• learn how to construct jQuery from resource records, write jQuery plugins, and use jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile.
• Familiarise your self with the newest similar applied sciences like HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks like Knockout.js.
jQuery Hotshot walks you step-by-step via 10 initiatives designed to familiarise you with the jQuery library and comparable applied sciences. every one undertaking makes a speciality of a specific topic or component to the API, but in addition seems to be at whatever similar, like jQuery's professional templates, or an HTML5 function like localStorage. construct your wisdom of jQuery and comparable technologies.
Learn a wide swathe of the API, as much as and together with jQuery 1.9, by way of finishing the 10 person tasks lined within the book.
Some of the tasks that we'll paintings via over the process this publication contain a drag-and-drop puzzle online game, a browser extension, a multi-file drag-and-drop uploader, an unlimited scroller, a sortable desk, and a warmth map.
Learn which jQuery equipment and strategies to take advantage of during which events with jQuery Hotshots.
What you are going to study from this book
• how to use the newest model of jQuery (1.9) in real-world events.
• Create a jQuery plugin dependent for agency and maintainability.
• build a customized model of jQuery utilizing Node.js and Grunt.js, and run unit exams utilizing qUnit.
• construct on best of on-line companies like Google Maps to create interactive interfaces.
• Use templating frameworks to simply and successfully create repetitive components of the web page populated with information.
• start with the similar jQuery-powered frameworks jQuery UI and jQuery cellular.
• Produce interactive interfaces that reply to consumer interactions utilizing the Model-View-View version framework Knockout.js.
• Use the most recent net criteria like HTML5 and CSS3 to create beautiful and semantic websites.
This ebook takes a hands-on, tutorial-style process that walks you step -by -step via 10 person tasks that every specialise in generating a particular, real-world product or software.
Who this e-book is written for
This booklet is aimed essentially at front-end builders, ideally already with a bit jQuery event, or these people who easily are looking to construct on their current talents with jQuery.