The net is inflicting a revolution in how we signify, retrieve, and procedure details Its development has given us a universally obtainable database―but within the kind of a mostly unorganized number of files. this is often altering, because of the simultaneous emergence of latest methods of representing facts: from in the internet group, XML; and from in the database group, semistructured information. The convergence of those techniques has rendered them approximately exact. Now, there's a concerted attempt to advance potent strategies for retrieving and processing either varieties of data.
Data at the Web
is the single entire, up to date exam of those swiftly evolving retrieval and processing thoughts, that are of severe value for the majority net- and data-intensive firms. This booklet deals certain ideas to a variety of useful difficulties whereas equipping you with a prepared knowing of the basic issues―including info types, question languages, and schemas―involved of their layout, implementation, and optimization. you will find it to be compelling studying, no matter if your curiosity is that of a practitioner eager about a database-driven internet company or a researcher in desktop technological know-how or comparable box.
* offers an in-depth examine XML and different applied sciences for publishing dependent records at the Web.
* Examines lately built tools for querying and updating based internet records and semistructured information, together with XML-QL and XSL.
* appears deeper into the convergence of net and database methods to semistructured facts presentation and querying.
* information functional examples of the way those concepts are already being applied―and how they are going to be utilized in the close to future.
* Teaches sound strategies for writing queries over internet facts, describing unfastened schemas over partly established info, and enforcing and optimizing queries on semistructured data.